In case you missed it, I started a self-challenge yesterday when I declared to the entire blogosphere that it was time for me to get back into shape…again. I am doing this through a heart-healthy diet, exercise (cardio and resistance training), as well as documenting my journey (via social media, i.e. blogging and RunKeeper).
In less than 24 hours I am already feeling better! Some improvements I’ve noticed include:
- I found myself more focused and productive.
- I methodically worked through my to-do list instead of jumping around tasks like I normally do.
- I noticed that my problem solving skills were heightened today as I worked through several design compositions.
- I also found that I was not quick to react in the negative to a situation that would’ve normally pushed me over the edge.
- I didn’t stress out about the leftovers on my to-do list for tomorrow.
- I didn’t stress out over my 1.5 hour client teleconference.
- I didn’t get upset when my friends couldn’t make it to my evening get-together.
- I didn’t get upset when my bestie had to take a rain check on getting together tomorrow.
- I even took the night off to get social relax with some new Scrabble friends!
- I stuck to my revised eating plan and tried to be more mindful of my grazing habits.
- I went for my run today despite having to wedge it completely in the middle of my workday, which actually seemed to help me focus more.
- I started to track my nutrition intake again.
- I feel more relaxed and at peace…and I’m even sleepy before midnight!
All in all, a win day. I am sure that not everyday will be as successful as today, but I will try my best to not get upset. Again, what is most important is to build a habit of consistency to achieve a goal. I am looking forward to a productive tomorrow!