In case you missed it, I started a self-challenge yesterday when I declared to the entire blogosphere that it was time for me to get back into shape…again. I am doing this through a heart-healthy diet, exercise (cardio and resistance training), as well as documenting my journey (via social media, i.e. blogging and RunKeeper).
In less than 24 hours I am already feeling better! Some improvements I’ve noticed include:
- I found myself more focused and productive.
- I methodically worked through my to-do list instead of jumping around tasks like I normally do.
- I noticed that my problem solving skills were heightened today as I worked through several design compositions.
- I also found that I was not quick to react in the negative to a situation that would’ve normally pushed me over the edge.
- I didn’t stress out about the leftovers on my to-do list for tomorrow.
- I didn’t stress out over my 1.5 hour client teleconference.
- I didn’t get upset when my friends couldn’t make it to my evening get-together.
- I didn’t get upset when my bestie had to take a rain check on getting together tomorrow.
- I even took the night off to get social relax with some new Scrabble friends!
- I stuck to my revised eating plan and tried to be more mindful of my grazing habits.
- I went for my run today despite having to wedge it completely in the middle of my workday, which actually seemed to help me focus more.
- I started to track my nutrition intake again.
- I feel more relaxed and at peace…and I’m even sleepy before midnight!
All in all, a win day. I am sure that not everyday will be as successful as today, but I will try my best to not get upset. Again, what is most important is to build a habit of consistency to achieve a goal. I am looking forward to a productive tomorrow!
3 thoughts on “Day 2 Seems To Be The Hardest”
totally wishin you best of luck with this! i dropped 20 lbs mostly due to a permanent change in food intake amounts/habits/content/etc. got started w/ exercising (my mortal enemy), but then messed up my back kinda badly (with that bike fall i think) & have been just recently recovering from SEVERELY debilitating nerve pain that has been rained in by anti-inflammatories. can’t even ride to work on my bike anymore after getting it fixed & am currently working from home days…! >_< hopin to be able to again soon tho… not sure if you are going to work biking into your mix, but once i'm able again, if you wanna hit a trail 2gether, do let me know! 🙂
Congrats on Day 1 — sounds like a fantastic start! I have to be mindful of my constant grazing – that’s what gets me. Have a happy, healthy day 2!
Comments are closed.