The last few years have been quite a rocky road, but races always gives me something to look forward to. Registering for a race is forever a sign of runner optimism: it’s a milestone, a goal, a reason for training.
My IVF journey has been so tough over the past few years that I really have to seize the little wins when I can have them. I am on heavy medications for so much of this process that I forget what normal feels like.
I chose Monument Valley as my next destination race for a few reasons:
- It fell within my window of racing opportunity
- The funds would contribute to a community in need
- It’s somewhere I’ve been meaning to visit
- It is a natural landmark destination (not something overly commercialized)
- The race is small
- The training will be manageable
I am looking forward to gently ramping up my running and getting a little bit more me time! My first week of training has already come and gone. It’s been nice to have a schedule to follow.