I’ve decided in the short amount of time that I’ve been working out that there are two iPhone apps that I could not live without.
One I’ve been using for almost a year now…the other, I’ve been using for just a few days. What’s great is that I think they really complement each other.
I use RunKeeper to track all of my activities — swimming, biking, running, walking, hiking, etc. Its GPS tracker helps give me accurate measurements of distance and pace and gives me a really nice interface to view it all in. I’ve been an Elite member since February, which means I get detailed statistics and reports on my workouts. I’ve also enrolled in a few of their running classes, which are really helpful to get you across the finish line for your first 5K, 10K, half marathon, or full marathon.
But, as you probably already know, cardio is just one fraction of the entire picture.
I’ve recently started using GAIN Fitness to help me with resistance training. All you do is put in your height, weight, where you’re working out, what equipment you have, and they’ll come up with a workout for you! They take the guesswork out of everything by illustrating proper form via video or photo.
What’s also neat is that you don’t need to have an iPhone to use their services — the basics of what both services offer are also available as a web-only component to your health and wellness regimen.
What other apps do you find motivating and inspiring?
- Do the RunKeeper Holiday Hustle! (runkeeper.com)
- Race Recap: 2011 Zappos Rock n Roll Las Vegas Half Marathon (ironwomanintraining.com)
- Fitness Friday: Someone Busier Than You Is Running Right Now (ironwomanintraining.com)
- RunKeeper’s smartphone app gets smarter with sensors (gigaom.com)
- Three Reasons to Start Using New Strength Training Pages (runkeeper.com)