Oh man! The new year is upon us! Last year my obligatory EOY post was saved as a draft. Ironically I never finished it so this year I’m rushing at the last minute to sum up all of my thoughts and goals, and reflect on the progress I’ve made this year and all of my plans for the next.
So what exactly have I accomplished in 2012?
1) I ran my second marathon, the LA Marathon.
2) I captained my first charity marathon team.
3) I ran 3 half marathons in 3 months: Sporty Divas, RnR LA and RnRLV.
4) I completed my 50 mile, 100 mile, and 200 mile cumulative running goals.
5) I finally worked up the courage to register and begin training for my first Iron-distance triathlon.
6) I made it about 75% through massage therapy school.
7) I went from laid off to consulting to getting a job with Amazon and moved to Seattle.
8) I designed the Amazon for Windows 8 app, and through a ton of hard work with my team, launched it to the Microsoft app marketplace.
9) I published my first book.
All in all it’s been a pretty good year! That aside, I have some goals for 2013.
1) Train for and complete my first 140.6 @ HITS Marble Falls in Texas.
2) Finish out my second international marathon in Montreal come September.
3) Get the Rock n Roll Desert Double Down medal (for running RnRLV and RnRAZ).
4) Get the Rock n Roll Twin Peaks medal (for running RnRPDX and RnRSEA).
5) Race Lake Meridian Tri in Seattle.
6) Race in the Kirkland Triathlon in Seattle.
7) Complete a few mystery projects at Amazon.
8) Finish and publish my second book.
9) Focus more on outside projects that will further my design career.
10) Continue saving for a down payment for a condo in Seattle.
Every day is a clean slate. I’m happy with the way things turned out this year, but my eye is on the prize. Bring it on, 2013!